Usage: Adnan, of Arabic origin, is a very popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Adnan are in general originating from France, Iraq, United Kingdom, United States of America.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 7.
The name Adnan is ranked on the 1,075th position of the most used names. It means that this name is very frequently used.
We estimate that there are at least 483700 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.007% of the population.
The name Adnan has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Adnan for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Adnan (Arabic: عدنان, ʿAdnān) is a male name common in the Middle East. Its eponymous bearer was Adnan, a legendary figure of both pre-Islamic and Islamic mythology. The etymological meaning of the name is settler, from a semitic root `dn; “to stay, abide”.
- Adnan Abdo al-Sukhni (born 1961), Syrian politician
- Adnan Adıvar (1882–1955), Turkish politician
- Adnan Aganović (born 1987), Croatian footballer
- Adnan Ahmed (born 1984), British professional footballer
- Adnan Akmal (born 1985), Pakistani Test-Cricketer-Wicketkeeper
- Adnan Ali Daif, Bahrainian retired footballer
- Adnan Alisic (born 1984), Dutch footballer
- Adnan Awad (born 1942), Palestinian captain
- Adnan Babajić (born 1988), Bosnian singer and television personality
- Adnan Badran (born 1935), Jordanian scientist, academic, politician and prime minister
- Adnan Barakat (born 1982), Moroccan footballer
- Adnan bin Saidi (1915–1942), Malayan soldier who fought and died in Singapore
- Adnan Bukhari, Saudi Arabian aviator
- Adnan Coker (born 1927), Turkish abstract artist
- Adnan Çolak (born 1952), Turkish serial killer
- Adnan Dirjal (born 1960), Iraqi retired footballer and national team coach
- Adnan al-Dulaimi, Iraqi politician
- Adnan Erkan (born 1968), Turkish footballer
- Adnan Kapau Gani (1905–1968), Indonesian politician
- Adnan Güngör (born 1980), Turkish footballer
- Adnan Gušo (born 1975), Bosnian retired footballer and team coach
- Adnan Hamidovic (born 1982), Bosnian rapper better known by his stage name Frenkie
- Adnan Harmandić, (born 1983), Bosnian handball player
- Adnan al-Husayni (born 1947), Palestinian politician
- Adnan Hussein (born 1954), Lebanese academic and politician
- Adnan al-Janabi, Iraqi politician
- Adnan Januzaj (born 1995), Belgian-Kosovar professional footballer
- Adnan Kahveci (1949–1993), Turkish politician
- Adnan Al-Kaissie (born 1939), Iraqi-American professional wrestler
- Adnan Karim (born 1963), Kurdish singer
- Adnan Kassar (born 1930), Lebanese businessman and politician
- Adnan Khashoggi (born 1935), billionaire Saudi Arabian businessman
- Adnan Mansour (born 1946), Lebanese politician
- Adnan Maral (born 1968), Turkish-German actor
- Adnan Menderes (1899–1961), Turkish prime minister 1950–1960
- Adnan Mravac (born 1981), Bosnian footballer
- Adnan Nawaz, British news and sports broadcaster
- Adnan Oktar (born 1956), Turkish creationist, author, and television personality
- Adnan Omran (born 1934), Syrian politician
- Adnan Pachachi (born 1923), Iraqi politician
- Adnan Polat (born 1953), Turkish businessman
- Adnan Sami (born 1973), Pakistani singer, musician, pianist, actor and composer
- Adnan Gulshair el Shukrijumah (born 1975), Saudi Arabian member of al-Qaeda
- Adnan Al-Shargi, Lebanese football manager
- Adnan Siddiqui (born 1964), Pakistani model and television actor
- Adnan Süvari (1926–1991), Turkish football coach
- Adnan Al Talyani (born 1964), Emirati retired footballer
- Adnan Terzić (born 1960), former Chairman of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Adnan Şenses (1935–2013), Turkish singer, song writer and actor
- Adnan Yaakob (born 1950), Malaysian politician and the current Menteri Besar of Pahang
- Adnan Yıldız (born 1966), Turkish footballer
- Adnan Zahirović (born 1990), Bosnian footballer
- Adnan al-Zurufi (born 1966), Iraqi politician
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!