Usage: Asaf, of Hebrew origin, is a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Asaf are in general originating from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Turkey.
For another variant of the name Asaf across the world, see Asaph.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 9.
The name Asaf is ranked on the 4,447th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 71300 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Asaf has four characters. It means that it is relatively short-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Asaf for each year.
History and Origin
Asaf is a given name which may refer to:
- alternate spelling of Saint Asaph (died 601), Welsh Roman Catholic saint and bishop
- Asaf Abdrakhmanov (1918–2000), Soviet sailor during World War II; award the title Hero of the Soviet Union
- Asaf Ali (1888–1953), Indian independence fighter and lawyer
- Asaf Assi Dayan (born 1945), Israeli film director, actor, screenwriter and producer; son of Moshe Dayan
- Asaf Duraković (born 1940), Croatian physician and expert in nuclear medicine and depleted uranium
- Asaf Humayun (born 1951), retired vice admiral of the Pakistan Navy
- Asaf Khan, several Mughal noblemen
- Asaf Messerer (1903–1992), Russian Jewish ballet dancer and teacher
- Asaf Shariv (born 1972), Israel’s Consul General in New York
- Asaf Zeynally (1909–1932), Azerbaijani composer
- George Asaf, pseudonym of George Henry Powell (1880–1951), Welsh songwriter best known for writing “Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit-Bag”
- Asaf Avidan, an Israeli singer-songwriter and musician
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Asaf"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!