Usage: Corina, of Anglo-Saxon origin, is a popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Corina are in general originating from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Moldova, Netherlands, Romania, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Corina across the world, see Corinne.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 6.
The name Corina is ranked on the 2,067th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 198500 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.003% of the population.
The name Corina has six characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Corina for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Corina is female given name of Greek origin (Κόριννα), which was derived from κόρη (kore) “maiden”. Variants include Korinna, Corinna, Kora, Corri, Corinne, and Coreen. Notable people with the name include:
- Corinna, Ovid’s (probably fictitious) lover in the Amores
- Corinna, pen name of English poet Elizabeth Thomas (1675–1731)
- Coreen Simpson (born 1942), American photographer
- Corina (Romanian singer) or Corina Monica Ciorbă (born 1980), Romanian singer
- Corina (singer) or Corina Katt Ayala, American singer
- Corina Belcea (born 1975), Romanian violinist
- Corina Casanova (born 1956), Swiss politician
- Corina Crețu (born 1967), Romanian politician
- Corina Dumbrăvean (born 1984), Romanian runner
- Corina Knoll, American journalist
- Corina Morariu (born 1978), American tennis player
- Corina Peptan (born 1978), Romanian chess player
- Corina Porro Martínez (born 1953), Spanish politician
- Corina Ungureanu (born 1980), Romanian gymnast
- Corine Christensen (1955–1986), American murder victim
- Corine Dorland (born 1973), Dutch cyclist
- Corine Rottschäfer (born 1938), Dutch model
- Corinna, Ancient Greek poet
- Corinna Chamberlain, Hong Kong artist
- Corinna Kennedy (born 1970), Canadian sprint canoer
- Corinna Kuhnle, Austrian slalom canoer
- Corinna Martini (born 1985), German luger
- Corinna May (born 1970), German singer
- Corinna Tsopei (born 1944), Greek model and actress
- Corinne Bailey Rae (born 1979), British singer-songwriter
- Corinne Bohrer (born 1958), American actress
- Corinne Calvet (1925–2001), French actress
- Corinne Drewery (born 1959), British singer
- Corinne Grant (born 1973), Australian comedian and television presenter
- Corinne Griffith (1894–1979), American actress
- Corinne Roosevelt Robinson (1861–1933), American writer
- Corri English (born 1978), American actress
- Korina Sanchez (born 1964), Filipino journalist
- Korinna Fink (born 1981), German sprinter
- María Corina Machado (born 1967), Venezuelan activist
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Corina"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!