Usage: Dashiell is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Dashiell are in general originating from France, United States of America.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 7.
The name Dashiell is ranked on the 47,318th position of the most used names. It means that this name is rarely used.
We estimate that there are at least 3400 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Dashiell has eight characters. It means that it is relatively long-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Dashiell for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Dashiell is both a given name and a surname. Notable people with the name include:
- Dashiell Eaves (born 1974), American actor
- Dashiell Hammett (1894–1961), American author
- George Dashiell Bayard (1835–1862), American general
- Isaac Dashiell Jones (1806–1893), American politician
- Aaron Dashiell (21st century), American football safety
- Doug Dashiell (1905–1975), American football coach
- Paul Dashiell (20th century), American football coach
- Robert B. Dashiell (1860–1899), American engineer
- Wally Dashiell (1902–1972), American baseball shortstop
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Dashiell"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!