Usage: Emmett is a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Emmett are in general originating from Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Emmett across the world, see Emmet.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 22.
The name Emmett is ranked on the 4,634th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 67600 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Emmett has six characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Emmett for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Emmett is an English surname, also used as a given name.
People with this name include:
- Arthur Emmett (Australian judge), judge and lecturer in Roman law
- Dan Emmett, American composer
- Ed Emmett, American politician
- Edward Nucella Emmett 19th-century Australian entrepreneur
- Evelyn Temple Emmett was the first Director of the Tasmanian Government Tourist Bureau and a founder of the Hobart Walking Club
- Henry James Emmett 19th-century Tasmanian public servant
- M. L. Emmett a poet based in Norwood, South Australia born in England
- Rik Emmett is a vocalist, guitarist, and founding member of the Canadian rock band Triumph
- Rowland Emett, English sculptor and cartoonist.
- Sean Emmett is a British professional Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
- Tom Emmett was an English cricket bowler in the late 1860s, the 1870s and the early 1880s
- First name
- Emmett Kelly, was an American circus performer, who created the memorable clown figure “Weary Willie”, based on the hobos of the Depression era
- Emmett Leith, American scientist and electrical engineer
- Emmett McLoughlin, ex-priest, author of People’s Padre, and housing activist in Phoenix, Arizona
- Emmett J. Scanlan, Irish actor who plays Brendan Brady in Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks
- Emmett Till, African-American youth whose brutal lynching was one of the key events leading up to the American Civil Rights Movement
- Emmett Tinley, Irish acoustic musician formerly from the band The Prayer Boat
- Dr Emmett Brown, Back to the Future
- Emmett Cullen, a character from the “Twilight” series
- Emmett Honeycutt, Queer as Folk (US version)
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Emmett (name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!