Usage: Farhad, of Persian origin, is a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Farhad are in general originating from United States of America.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 11.
The name Farhad is ranked on the 2,943rd position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 122100 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.002% of the population.
The name Farhad has six characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Farhad for each year.
History and Origin
Farhad (Middle Persian: Frahāt, Persian: فرهاد), also transliterated as Ferhad, Farhod, Farkhad is a Persian name meaning elation or happiness, and may refer to:
- Farhad or Phraates, the name of 5 kings in the Arsacid Empire
- Phraates I of Parthia
- Phraates II of Parthia
- Phraates III of Parthia
- Phraates IV of Parthia
- Phraates V of Parthia
Other people with given name Farhad or Farkhat:
- Farkhad Akhmedov, Russian businessman of Azerbaijani origin
- Farhad Aliyev, Azerbaijani politician
- Farhad Badalbeyli, Azerbaijani pianist and composer
- Farkhat Bazarov, Russian footballer
- Farhad Daftary, Ismaili scholar
- Farhad Darya, Afghan singer
- Farhad Fakhreddini, Iranian composer
- Farkhad Gystarov, Russian footballer
- Farhad Kazemi, Iranian football manager
- Farhad Khoiee-Abbasi, public protester in Chicago
- Farkhad Magametov, Uzbek footballer
- Farhad Majidi, Iranian footballer
- Farhad Manjoo, American journalist and author
- Farhad Mehrad, Legendary Iranian singer
- Farhad Moshiri, British-Iranian businessman
- Farhad Rahbar, Iranian politician
- Farhad Veliyev, Azerbaijani footballer
- Farhad Hussain Bangash, parachinar Kurram Agency politician
- Farhad Ashtiani, Norwegian person who’s never on time.
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Farhad"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!