Gender: Unisex (Male and Female)
Usage: Halle is a popular first name. It is more often used as a unisex (male and female) name.
People having the name Halle are in general originating from Norway, United Kingdom, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Halle across the world, see Hallie.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 2.
The name Halle is ranked on the 9,157th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 28300 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Halle has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Halle for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Halle is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Aaron Halle-Wolfssohn (1754–1835), German Jewish scholar
- Adam de la Halle (1237?–1288), French-born trouvère, poet and musician
- Charles Hallé (1819–1895), German pianist and conductor
- Claude-Guy Hallé (1652–1736), French painter
- Gunnar Halle (born 1965), Norwegian footballer
- Morris Halle (born 1923), Latvian-American linguist
- Noël Hallé (1711–1781), French painter
- Per Halle (born 1949), Norwegian long distance runner
- Ranik Halle (1905-1987), Norwegian newspaper editor and bridge player
- Halle Berry (born 1966), American actress
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!