Usage: Hershey is a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Hershey are in general originating from United Kingdom, United States of America.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 7.
The name Hershey is ranked on the 7,388th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 17300 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.002% of the population.
The name Hershey has seven characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Hershey for each year.
History and Origin
Hershey is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Alfred Hershey, American Nobel Prize-winning bacteriologist and geneticist
- Amos Shartle Hershey, (1867–1933), American professor of political science
- Barbara Hershey, American actress
- Frank Hershey, (1907–1997) American automobile designer
- Lewis Blaine Hershey, (1893–1977) American four-star general who was the director of the U.S. Selective Service System from 1941 to 1970
- Milton S. Hershey, (1857–1945) American founder of The Hershey Company
- Hershey Felder, (born 1968), pianist, actor, playwright, composer and producer
- Judge Hershey, a character in Judge Dredd
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!