Usage: Hetty, of African origin, is a popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Hetty are in general originating from France, United Kingdom, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Hetty across the world, see Hettie.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 6.
The name Hetty is ranked on the 11,102nd position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 10400 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Hetty has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Hetty for each year.
History and Origin
Hetty is a female first name. It may refer to:
- Hetty Baynes (born 1956), English actress
- Hetty Burlingame Beatty (1907–1971), American sculptor, children’s author, and illustrator
- Hetty Cary (1836-1892), a noted beauty of the Confederacy and one of the makers of the Confederate battle flag
- Hetty Green (1834-1916), American businesswoman and notorious miser
- Hetty Goldman (1881-1972), American archaeologist, the first woman faculty member at the Institute for Advanced Study.
- Hetty King (1883-1972), stage name of English music hall entertainer Winifred Emms
- Hetty Krist (de) (b.1942), illustrator
- Hetty Sorrel, a major character in George Eliot’s novel Adam Bede
- Henrietta “Hetty” King, a major character in the television show Road to Avonlea
- Henrietta “Hetty” Lange, from the American television show NCIS: Los Angeles
- Hetty Wainthropp, heroine of the British television series Hetty Wainthropp Investigates
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!