Usage: Kamau, of African origin, is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Kamau are in general originating from United States of America.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 2.
The name Kamau is ranked on the 16,634th position of the most used names. It means that this name is rarely used.
We estimate that there are at least 6300 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Kamau has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Kamau for each year.
History and Origin
Kamau is a name of Kenyan origin that may refer to:
- Gibson Kamau Kuria ( born 1947) a lawyer and human right activist
- Daniel Kamau a Kenyan writer
- Ian Kamau a Canadian hip hop and spoken word artist
- James Maina Kamau a Kenyan politician from Nairobi County
- Jamleck Irungu Kamau a Kenyan politician from Murang’a County
- Johnstone Kamau Ngengi, the given name of Kenya’s 1st president Jomo Kenyatta
- Kamau Brathwaite (born 1930) a poet and writer from Barbados
- Michael Kamau a Kenyan cabinet secretary for Transport and Infrastructure
- Walter Kamau Bell an African American stand up comic
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!