Usage: Lajos is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Lajos are in general originating from Hungary.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 3.
The name Lajos is ranked on the 27,263rd position of the most used names. It means that this name is rarely used.
We estimate that there are at least 7200 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Lajos has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Lajos for each year.
History and Origin
Lajos is a Hungarian masculine given name, it is a cognate of the English Louis and may refer to:
- Lajos I, 1326-1382 (ruled 1342-1382)
- Lajos II, 1506-1526 (ruled 1516-1526)
In Hungarian politics:
- Lajos Aulich, second Minister of War of Hungary
- Lajos Batthyány, first Prime Minister of Hungary
- Lajos Dinnyés, Prime Minister of Hungary from 1947 to 1948
- Lajos Kossuth, Hungarian lawyer, politician and Regent of Hungary
- Lajos Baróti, coach of the Hungary national football team
- Lajos Czeizler, Hungarian football coach
- Lajos Détári, retired Hungarian football player
- Lajos Sătmăreanu, former Romanian football player
- Lajos Tichy, Hungarian footballer
- Lajos Csordák, Hungarian/Slovak painter
- Lajos Markos, Hungarian American painter
- Lajos Koltai, Hungarian cinematographer and film director
In Hungarian literature:
- Lajos Bíró, Hungarian novelist, playwright, and screenwriter
- Lajos Egri, author of The Art of Dramatic Writing
- Lajos Hevesi, Jewish Hungarian journalist and author
- Lajos Portisch, Hungarian chess player
- Lajos Steiner, Hungarian chess player
In other fields:
- Lajos Bárdos, Hungarian composer and professor of music at the Franz Liszt Academy of Music
- Lajos Werkner, Hungarian 2x Olympic champion saber fencer
- Lajos Kossuth Square, Metro station in Budapest
- Zoltán Lajos Bay, Hungarian physicist
Hungarian form of Louis.
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!