Usage: Maceo is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Maceo are in general originating from Italy, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Maceo across the world, see Macéo.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 1.
The name Maceo is ranked on the 27,193rd position of the most used names. It means that this name is rarely used.
We estimate that there are at least 7200 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population.
The name Maceo has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Maceo for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Maceo is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Antonio Maceo Grajales (1845–1896), Cuban general
- Sam Maceo and Rosario Maceo, organized crime bosses of Galveston, Texas from the 1920s through the 1940s
- Maceo Anderson (1910–2001), American tap dancer
- Maceo Baston (born 1976), American professional basketball player
- Big Maceo Merriweather (1905–1953), American blues pianist and singer
- Maceo Parker (born 1943), American saxophonist
- Maceo Pinkard (1897–1962), American composer, lyricist and music publisher, best known for composing “Sweet Georgia Brown”
- Maceo Rigters (born 1984), Dutch footballer
- A. Maceo Walker (1909–1994), African-American businessman
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Maceo (name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!