Gender: Unisex (Male and Female)
Usage: Man, of African origin, is a popular first name. It is more often used as a unisex (male and female) name.
People having the name Man are in general originating from Canada, France, United States of America.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 1.
The name Man is ranked on the 2,355th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 162300 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.003% of the population.
The name Man has three characters. It means that it is relatively short-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Man for each year.
History and Origin
Man is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Che Man, King of Champa (in present day Vietnam) between 1288 and 1307
- Man Chong (died 242), a government official in the state of Cao Wei
- Henry Man (died 1556), English Bishop of Sodor and Man
- John Man (1512–1569), English churchman, college head and diplomat
- Man Pei Tak (born 1982), Hong Kong footballer
- Man Mohan Adhikari (1920-1999), Prime Minister of Nepal
- Man Parrish (born 1958), American composer, songwriter, vocalist and producer
- Man Ray (1890-1976), American modernist artist
- Man Singh I (1550-1614), King of Amber (now Jaipur) and Mughal general
- Yip Man (1893-1972), Chinese martial artist
- Zhong Man (born 1983), Chinese saber fencer and 2008 Olympic gold medalist
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Man (name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!