Usage: Tala is a popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Tala are in general originating from India, Poland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Tala across the world, see Natalia.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 7.
The name Tala is ranked on the 3,984th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 38400 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.002% of the population.
The name Tala has four characters. It means that it is relatively short-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Tala for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
History and Origin
Tala is a female name of different ethnic origins:
- Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic variant of old high Germanic Adalheidis. This is the oldest Scandinavian version of this name, older than ‘Tale’ which is more commonly used today. The early use of the name Tala in Swedish is attested by its appearance in high middle age ballads such as the 14th century ballad “Herr Holger”. The local Finnish version of this name is spelled Taala.
- Diminutive variant (pet form) of Natalia used in Italy and Poland.
- Tagalog name meaning Bright Star – also the name of the goddess of the morning star.
- Arabic name meaning Palm Tree.
- Persian name meaning Gold.
- Native American name of unreliable origin meaning Wolf.
- Tamazight language name meaning Fountain
We always try the deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment bellow. Thank you!