Finding the perfect name for your baby can be very difficult and it is one the first decisions you make about your child. So, how to make the right choice?
Consider the following questions before selecting a baby name:
- Does the first name sound in harmony with the last name?
- Is it easy to spell, remember and pronounce?
- Is it original?
- What about the etymology of the name and its meaning?
- What nicknames can be derived from the name?
- Do the initials form a word? If so, is that word likely to prove embarrassing in any way?
- Should the name be long or short?
- Is it popular at the moment?
- Should you choose from a names passed over generations in the family or we can give our newborn the name of our favorite movie character?
To help you find a unique name for your child, we have developed a baby names generator tool. Add the letters that you like, choose the sex and the length of the name and our guide will help you make a selection and pick a name from a directory with nearly 100 000 given names!
And remember, share your ideas and take advice from people around you.