Usage: Annie, of Hebrew origin, is a very popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Annie are in general originating from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Variants: For another variant of the name Annie across the world, see Anne.
Meaning: Grace, Prayer
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 7.
Qualities: Philosophical, Spiritual
Ruling planet: Neptune
The name Annie is ranked on the 270th position of the most used names. It means that this name is very frequently used.
We estimate that there are at least 2260500 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.031% of the population. The name Annie has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Annie for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
The name day of Annie is 26 July.
History and Origin
Annie is the diminutive of feminine given names. It may refer to:
- Anna, Ann, Anne, Annette, Andrea, Ana and other variations.
- Annie Lowrie Alexander, American physician
- Annie Haslam, UK progressive rock musician and painter
- Annie Jessy Curwen, Irish writer and pianist
- Annie Jump Cannon, an American astronomer
- Annie Leibovitz, an American portrait photographer
- Annie Lennox, a Scottish singer, vocalist of Eurythmics
- Annie Leonard, an American critic of excessive consumerism.
- Annie Mumolo, an American voice actress
- Annie Nightingale, British radio broadcaster
- Annie Oakley, American sharpshooter
- Annie Pelletier, a Canadian diver
- Annie Shaji Kailas, a Malayalam film actress
- Annie Clark, an American multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Annie (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!