Usage: Elder is a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Elder are in general originating from United Kingdom, United States of America.
Meaning: Older sibling
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 8.
Qualities: Leader, Visionary
Ruling planet: Saturn
Colors: Black, Purple
Gemstones: Ruby, Amethyst
The name Elder is ranked on the 11,555th position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 21100 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population. The name Elder has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Elder for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
We do not have a name day for Elder.
History and Origin
Elder or Élder is a masculine given name which may refer to:
- Élder (footballer) (born 1976), Brazilian former footballer Élder Alencar Machado de Campos
- Elder Watson Diggs (1883-1947), principal founder and first Polemarch (chairman) of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity
- Elder José Figueroa (born 1980), Colombian-born Salvadorian footballer
- Élder Granja (born 1982), Brazilian footballer
- Elder Herrera (born 1968), Colombian retired road cyclist
- Elder Olson (1909–1992), American poet, teacher and literary critic
- Elder Vogel, Jr., American politician
- Elder White (1933-2010), Major League Baseball player in part of the 1962 season
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Elder (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!