Usage: Jitendra, of Sanskrit origin, is a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Jitendra appear to be originating from all over the world.
Meaning: Conqueror of Indre
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 9.
Qualities: Compassionate, Idealistic
Ruling planet: Mars
The name Jitendra is ranked on the 2,162nd position of the most used names. It means that this name is commonly used.
We estimate that there are at least 183700 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.003% of the population. The name Jitendra has eight characters. It means that it is relatively long-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Jitendra for each year.
We do not have a name day for Jitendra.
History and Origin
Jitendra is a common given name (usually positioned as the first name) for males in India.
Jitendra is derived from two words jeet + indra which means the one who has won Indra. The word 'Jitendra' is actually originated from 'Jitendriya' which means "one who has conquered the senses". It is also one of the names of Gautama Buddha, and Hanuman.
Notable people bearing this name include:
- Jeetendra, Indian film actor
- Jeetendra Singh Bundela, Indian politician of Bharatiya Janata Party
- Jitendra Abhisheki, Indian classical music performer
- Jitendra Awhad, Indian politician
- Jitendra Durga Maharaj, Fijian sports administrator
- Jitendra Jakhar, IIT Delhi Student
- Jitendra Jatashankar Rawal, Indian astrophysicist
- Jitendra Joshi, Indian Marathi actor
- Jitendra Karki, Nepalese cricketer
- Jitendra Kumar Bablu Bhaiya, Indian politician
- Jitendra Malik, Professor at the University of California, Berkeley
- Jitendra Narayan, the Maharaja of Cooch-Behar, India
- Jitendra Nath Gohain, Indian surgeon
- Jitendra Nath Mohanty, professor of Philosophy
- Jitendra Patel, Canadian cricketer
- Jitendra Prasada, Indian politician
- Jitendra Redkar, Omani cricketer
- Jitendra Singh, Indian politician of Indian National Congress
- Jitendra Singh, Indian politician of Bharatiya Janata Party
- Jitendra Maurya, Solution Architect
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Jitendra (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!