Usage: Kelso is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Kelso are in general originating from United Kingdom, United States of America.
Meaning: A Scottish town
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 8.
Qualities: Leader, Visionary
Ruling planet: Saturn
Colors: Black, Purple
Gemstones: Ruby, Amethyst
The name Kelso is ranked on the 30,693rd position of the most used names. It means that this name is rarely used.
We estimate that there are at least 6200 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population. The name Kelso has five characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Kelso for each year.
We do not have a name day for Kelso.
History and Origin
Kelso is both a surname and a given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Ben Kelso (born 1949), American basketball player and coach
- Beverley Kelso, Jamaican singer
- Bill Kelso (1940-2009), Major League Baseball pitcher
- Bob Kelso (footballer) (1865-1942), Scottish soccer player
- Frank B. Kelso II (born 1933), United States Navy admiral
- Iris Kelso (1926-2003), American journalist and television commentator
- J. A. Scott Kelso (born 1947), neuroscientist
- J. J. Kelso (1864-1935), creator of the Children's Aid Society in Canada
- Jack W. Kelso (1934-1952), Medal of Honor recipient
- Jackie Kelso (1922-2012), American jazz saxophonist, flautist, and clarinetist
- Jamie Kelso (born 1948), political activist
- Jim Kelso (1910-1987), Scottish soccer player
- Jimmy Kelso (1910-?), Australian boxer of the 1920s and '30s
- John R. Kelso (1831-1891), politician and author
- Iain Kelso (born 1975), Canadian film score composer
- Lee Kelso, television news anchor
- Louis O. Kelso (1913-1991), political economist
- Mark Kelso (born 1963), former Buffalo Bills defensive back
- Mayme Kelso (1867-1946), American actress
- Megan Kelso (born 1968), comic book artist
- Phil Kelso (1871-1935), Scottish soccer player
- Scott Kelso (1974-?), Australian Primary School Teacher
- Sylvia Kelso, Australian author
- Thomas Kelso (1784-1878), philanthropist
- William Kelso (born 1941), archeologist
- Kelso Roberts, Canadian politician
- Kelso Cochrane (~1936-1959), Antiguan immigrant to Britain whose murder sparked tensions in London
- Bob Kelso, Chief of Medicine from Scrubs
- Michael Kelso, character on That '70s Show
- Casey Kelso, That '70s Show character
- Wyoming Bill Kelso, character in The Party
- Jack Kelso, character in L.A. Noire
- Capt. Wild Bill Kelso in 1941
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Kelso (name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!