Usage: Kotaro is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Kotaro are in general originating from Japan.
Meaning: Small first born son
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 8.
Qualities: Leader, Visionary
Ruling planet: Saturn
Colors: Black, Purple
Gemstones: Ruby, Amethyst
The name Kotaro is ranked on the 20,684th position of the most used names. It means that this name is rarely used.
We estimate that there are at least 10200 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.001% of the population. The name Kotaro has six characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
We do not have enough data to display the number of people who were given the name Kotaro for each year.
We do not have a name day for Kotaro.
History and Origin
Kotaro, Kōtarō or Kotarō (written: 小太郎, 孝太郎, 鼓太郎, 康太郎, 光太郎, 功太郎, 浩太朗, 浩太郎, 耕太郎, 幸太郎, 晃太郎, 興太郎 or コータロー in katakana) is a masculine Japanese given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Kotaro Azuse (東瀬 耕太郎) (born 1967), Japanese baseball player
- Fūma Kotarō (風魔 小太郎) (died 1603), Japanese ninja
- Kotaro Honda (本多 光太郎) (1870 1954), Japanese scientist and inventor
- Kōtarō Iizawa (飯沢 耕太郎) (born 1954), Japanese photography critic and writer
- Kōtarō Isaka (伊坂 幸太郎) (born 1971), Japanese writer
- Kotaro Koizumi (小泉 孝太郎) (born 1978), Japanese actor
- Kotaro Nagasaki (長崎 幸太郎) (born 1968), Japanese politician
- Kōtarō Nakagawa (中川 幸太郎) (born 1969), Japanese composer and music arranger
- Kōtarō Nakamura (中村 孝太郎) (1881–1947), Japanese general
- Kotaro Nakao (中尾 幸太郎) (born 1969), Japanese footballer and manager
- Kotaro Omori (大森 晃太郎) (born 1992), Japanese footballer
- Kotaro Oshio (押尾 コータロー) (born 1968), Japanese guitarist
- Kotaro Sakurai (桜井 孝太郎) (born 1994), Japanese racing driver
- Kōtarō Satomi (里見 浩太朗) (born 1936), Japanese actor
- Kotaro Shimomura (下村 孝太郎) (1861–1937), Japanese chemical engineer
- Kotaro Suzuki (鈴木 鼓太郎) (born 1978), Japanese professional wrestler
- Kotaro Suzumura (鈴村 興太郎) (born 1944), Japanese economist and academic
- Kōtarō Takamura (高村 光太郎) (1883–1956), Japanese poet and sculptor
- Kotaro Tamura (田村 耕太郎) (born 1963), Japanese politician
- Kōtarō Tanaka (judge) (田中 耕太郎) (1890–1974), Japanese jurist and politician
- Kōtarō Tanaka (photographer) (田中 幸太郎) (1901–1995), Japanese photographer
- Kotaro Umeji, Japanese graphic designer
- Kotaro Yamazaki (山崎 光太郎) (born 1978), Japanese footballer
- Kotaro Yanagi (柳 浩太郎) (born 1985), Japanese actor
- Kōtarō Yoshida (吉田 幸太郎) (1883–1966), Japanese jujutsuka
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Kotaro"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!