Usage: Nita, of Hebrew origin, is a very popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Nita are in general originating from India, Spain, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- God is giving
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 8.
Qualities: Leader, Visionary
Ruling planet: Saturn
Colors: Black, Purple
Gemstones: Ruby, Amethyst
The name Nita is ranked on the 1,590th position of the most used names. It means that this name is very frequently used.
We estimate that there are at least 283900 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.004% of the population. The name Nita has four characters. It means that it is relatively short-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Nita for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
We do not have a name day for Nita.
History and Origin
Nita is a given name. It is also a short form of the given names Juanita and Bonita. People named Nita include:
- Nita Ambani (born 1964), Indian businesswoman and wife of industrialist Mukesh Ambani
- Nita Barrow (1916–1995), first and only female Governor-General of Barbados, nurse and humanitarian activist
- Nita Fernando, Sri Lankan actress
- Nita Hutter (born 1949), American politician
- Nita Kibble (1879–1962), first female librarian with the State Library of New South Wales
- Nita Lowey (born 1937), American politician
- Nita Mehta, Indian celebrity chef, author, restaurateur and media personality
- Nita Naldi (1894-1961), American silent film actress
- Nita Talbot (born 1930), American actress
Fictional characters so named include:
- Namorita, a Marvel Comics superhero commonly known as Nita
- Nita, in Disney's direct-to-video animated movie Brother Bear 2
- Nita, a leading character from the Young Wizards fantasy series
- the protagonist of Nita Negrita, a 2011 Philippine television drama
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Nita (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!