Usage: Odette is a very popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Odette are in general originating from Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
For another variant of the name Odette across the world, see Odo.
Meaning: Wealth, Ode
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 6.
Qualities: Romantic, Nurturing
Ruling planet: Venus
The name Odette is ranked on the 1,432nd position of the most used names. It means that this name is very frequently used.
We estimate that there are at least 324200 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.005% of the population. The name Odette has six characters. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Odette for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
The name day of Odette is 20 April.
History and Origin
Odette is a French given name; Old German name Oda + diminutive -tte; a female form of Odo, Odet.
- Odette, a character in the ballet Swan Lake
- Odette Annable (born 1985), American actress
- Odette Bancilhon, French astronomer
- Odette Barencey (died 1981), French film actress
- Odette de Champdivers (died c. 1425), mistress of Charles VI of France
- Odette Drand (born 1927), French Olympic fencer
- Odette Dulac, French actress and singer
- Odette Hallowes, World War II Allied heroine
- Odette Henriette Jacqmin, Thai-French model and singer
- Odette Herviaux (born 1948), French politician
- Odette Joyeux (died 2000), French writer and actress
- Odette Kahn (died 1982), French wine authority
- Odette Krempin (born 1976), Zairian fashion designer and socialite
- Odette Lapierre (born 1955), Canadian marathoner
- Odette Laure (died 2004), French actress and singer
- Odette Myrtil (died 1978), French-born American actress and musician
- Odette Nyiramilimo (born 1956), Rwandan physician and former politician
- Odette Piñeiro, Puerto Rican politician
- Odette Sansom GC, French spy, and the film Odette on her life story
- Odette Tchernine, author of several books on the Yeti
French: feminine diminutive form of the Old French masculine name Oda, which is of Germanic origin (cf. Otto). Although the original male name has dropped out of use, this feminine derivative has survived and is now used as a given name in its own right.
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Odette (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!