Usage: Paulette, of Latin origin, is a very popular first name. It is more often used as a girl (female) name.
People having the name Paulette are in general originating from Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Malta, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Variants: For another variant of the name Paulette across the world, see Paula.
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 1.
Qualities: Leader, Determined
Ruling planet: Sun
Colors: Yellow, Orange, Gold
Gemstones: Topaz, Amber
The name Paulette is ranked on the 919th position of the most used names. It means that this name is very frequently used.
We estimate that there are at least 590700 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.009% of the population. The name Paulette has eight characters. It means that it is relatively long-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Paulette for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
We do not have a name day for Paulette.
History and Origin
Paulette (po-LET) is the French feminine given name diminutive of the French/English/German given name Pauline, a derivative of the Latin Paulina, from the Roman family name Paulus, meaning "small" or "humble". The masculine given name Paul comes from the same cognate. It is uncommon as a surname. People with the name "Paulette" include:
- Paulette Bethel - a Bahamian ambassador
- Paulette Bourgeois (born 1951) - Canadian children's author
- Paulette de la Bruyere (Madame Paulette, 1900-1984) — a Parisian hatter, ″the queen of milliners″
- Paulette Carlson (born 1952) - American singer-songwriter
- Paulette Cooper (born 1942) - an American author
- Paulette Cruz (born 1989) - a Mexican beach volleyball player
- Paulette Doan - a Canadian ice dancer
- Paulette Dubost (1910–2011) - a French stage and film actress
- Paulette Duval (1900-?) - an Argentine-born French/American actress
- Paulette Frankl (born 1937) - an American courtroom artist and author
- Paulette Garin (born 1962) - an American politician
- Paulette Goddard (1910–1990) - an American film actress
- Paulette Irons (born 1952) - an American politician
- Paulette Jiles (born 1943) - an American-born Canadian poet and novelist
- Paulette McDonagh (1901–1978) - an Australian film director
- Paulette Noizeux (1887–1971) - a French film and stage actress
- Paulette Phillips - a Canadian artist
- Paulette Randall (born 1961) - an English theatre director
- Paulette Reck (born 1968) - an American beauty pageant contestant
- Paulette Schwartzmann (1894–1953) - a Latvian–born French/Argentine chess player
- Paulette Steeves (born 1955) - a Canadian scientist and activist
- Paulette Van Roekens (1895–1988) - a French-born American artist
- Paulette Zang Milama (born 1987) - a Gabonese track and field sprint athlete
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Paulette (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!